Virtual VP of Marketing
Recent reports state that the average tenure of a chief marketing officer (C
MO) is now down to 18 - 24 months.
Given the risky investment this represents in terms of cost, commitment, resources and lost opportunity, the Virtual VP of Marketing model is becoming much more attractive.
What does a Virtual VP of Marketing do?
- Help CEOs and other senior executives assess and define and rank their market opportunities.
- Develop go-to-market strategy and action plan with prioritized marketing initiatives.
- Manage or lead the execution of key marketing programs, from awareness to lead generation to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Develop all creative materials (design, copywriting, Web sites) in direct support of marketing objectives.
Companies need Virtual VP of Marketing when:
- Their industry is getting more competitive.
- Their business is becoming more marketing-dependent.
- They need a fresh perspective that incorporates a healthy dose of customer feedback.
- The company hasn’t kept pace with its marketplace.
- The company can’t justify a full-time marketing executive to address its needs.